CALL FOR PAPERS: The Journal of Rotterdam Islamic and Social Sciences
‘Is religion a stumbling block or a building block?’
Deadline for abstracts: 30 September 2018
Abstracts may be uploaded on ‘https://www.jriss.nl’. Please find button to register yourself free of any charge and upload your articles.
Articles are invited for the ninth volume of the JRISS. This issue will be addressing the studies on a global visions of current research trends, and to stimulate discussion, debate, and research on all aspects of the topic.
Contributions on all topics relevant are welcomed, but for this year’s session we have a particular interest in papers in the following areas:
- Qur’anic text and life in Non-Muslim countries
- History of Islam and Minority life
- Literary approaches to the Qur’an and Social, Political participation in Secular societies
- Islamic legal tradition and Conflict or Peace
- The Qur'an and citizenship in a Muslim-minority country
There will be a Symposium addressing the range of topics. https://www.iur.nl/2018/04/26/iur-organizes-a-symposium
Selected papers will be published as articles in JRISS; you will be informed whether your article will be published.
The deadline for abstracts is 30 September 2018. Applicants will be notified of the status of their proposals on 15 November 2018.
3037 GC Rotterdam